Trapezius is a large muscle towards the back arises from the neck. The muscle performs many main functions of our body. The most important out of them is lifting the head upwards and shrugging off the shoulder. It also facilitates movement, rotation and stabilization of shoulder blade.
Trapezitis is an inflammation caused in the trapezius muscles that leads to pain and spasm in the neck. It is increasingly becoming common among the people working at desk, using computers and also those who do physical labor or use their neck and back muscles a lot.
- Bad posture
- Carrying the weight of golf club during the play puts under stress on the muscle.
- Unsupported hand during the play creates tension in the muscle.
- Repeatedly keeping the head still or down during the swing.
- Signs and symptom
- Pain/radiating pain down to arm, forearm or hands
- Stiffness / tightness
GOALS OF PHYSIOTHERAPY :
- Improves pain through advanced modalities
- Reduces inflammation.
- Reduces spasm
- Reduces tightness.
- Increases strength : resisted band exercises
- Alignment correction through manual therapy.
- Taping technique
- Laser therapy for instant pain relief
KRV Healthcare and Physiotherapy treats your Trapezitis through a combination of treatments. Contact KRV Healthcare and Physiotherapy immediately if you are suffering from pain.