People accidentally get injured everyday both at work and at play and getting injured can be irritating. Injury prevention is what the most people never think about. Prevention is always better than cure, so to prevent the injuries both at work as well as at home, you must take care of the things.
- Take regular “standing” breaks during work: – To improve the blood circulation, warm up your muscles, and prevent strains it’s good to take short breaks during work.
- To Prevent eye strain: – To prevent the eyes strain that occur usually due to working on the computer for long time duration. Every 20 mins look away from your computer or any other device for 20 seconds.
- Re-position the keyboard:-To prevent the injuries, instead of changing your seated posture or angle of your hands to type. Re-position the keyboard accordingly and if it’s not possible to re-position the keyboard then adjust your seating position or use keyboard tray
- If you spend a lot of time on the phone then doesn’t hold your phone between your ear and neck, use headphone
Important ways to prevent injuries at play
To increase your flexibility do some stretching before and after a workout
- Warm up before a workout, and cool down afterwards.
- Walk or jog before starting your exercise and then again to help your muscles cool down slowly.
- Drink as much water as you can:-This will help to you get all the fluids you need to prevent dehydration.
- If you are in pain then sit down:- Never push yourself to play through the pain. If pain persists, don’t ignore it and visit a physiotherapist.
Visit the physiotherapist for an evaluation and getting the guidance from physiotherapist for injury-prevention techniques that are specific to your body.