Flat foot is a condition where the longitudinal arch or instep of the foot collapses and comes in contact with the ground. In other words we can say that when the entire sole of the foot is in contact or near contact with the ground while standing then it is considered as flat foot. The reason behind is that there is no arch to the foot.
Flatfoot is a very common disorder. It is a complex deformity. It is also referred to as pes planus, posterior tibial tendon dysfunction and fallen arches.
- Fusion of foot bones
- Wear & tear of tendon.
- Fallen arches
SYMPTOMS OF A FLAT FOOT:
Some common symptoms of a flat foot are:
- Lower leg pain
- Pain on the inside of your ankle
- Swelling along the inside of your ankle
- Foot pain
- A flat look to one or both of your feet
- Uneven shoe wear and collapse of your shoe toward the inside of your flat foot
GOALS OF PHYSIOTHERAPY :
- Improves pain through advanced modalities.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Strengthening of extensors of elbow.
- Alignment correction through manual therapy
- Taping technique
- Laser therapy for instant pain relief